Tomorrow is the big day!!! DS will be celebrating his 8th birthday and we will be having a party for him with some of his dearest friends and cousins. He is so excited!!!
DS has actually been planning on having a Pirate's themed party since the day after his 7th birthday. If you see our family on a regular basis, then I am sure that you have been invited to DS's birthday party at least a time or two... or more over the last year! LOL
We are praying that it doesn't rain because it's looking like it may. We've already decided that if it does, we will just have cake and ice cream in the house. I doubt we'll be able to do the treasure hunts or play in the water, but I'm sure we're still going to have a great time.
After the party on Saturday, we are planning on spending family time with DS for his birthday. This means just the three of us hanging out together. Every year we take him to Toys R Us and then we go out to eat. For those who aren't aware, Toys R Us has a birthday club for kids. After they sign up at customer service, Toys R Us will send them a birthday card every year for their birthday. This card contains a gift card and also a card to give to the customer service rep on the day of their birthday. When you give it to the rep, they give the child a balloon and a birthday crown. They also announce the child's birthday over the intercom. It's a lot of fun and every year since we signed DS up we have made it part of his day. He loves it and can't wait until he gets his card every year!!!
We are also doing things a little bit different this year as far as our family time. We usually take DS out for a Happy Meal, but since he's a little bit older and really enjoys eating a lot more than he has in the past, we are letting him choose the place to eat this year. We are also going to take him to see a movie afterwards. He's really wanting to see Spiderman 3, but is also interested in seeing Shrek. I guess we'll have to wait to see what's playing when we get there.
On Sunday, we are planning on having a birthday barbecue with DH's dad's side of the family. Until earlier tonight, DH thought it was a barbecue to celebrate only DS's birthday, but I have secretly been planning all along to make it a celebration for both of them since DH's birthday is June 19. I finally told him because DS knew about it and I made him promise me that he wouldn't say anything. But every time the barbecue would come up, DS would start whispering (loudly) and asking if we were still not telling Daddy about it being for him, too. I honestly thought DH had figured it out, but to my surprise he didn't have a clue until I told him. Me and my big mouth!!! LOL
We are so looking forward to a very fun and busy weekend. We have always had such a great time on DS's birthdays and I am sure that this birthday will be lots of fun, too!!! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment