Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Reflections

I am beginning to realize how much of a reflection of God we are as Christians. If we claim to be a Christian, our lives, regardless of how we live them, are always a reflection on Him.

As Christians, aren't we supposed to reflect God to others, especially those who don't really know Him. If that is the case, then I wonder how others see God when they look at me???

Do they see a kind and gentle God or a God who is mean and harsh???

Do they see a God who is compassionate and forgiving or an uncompassionate and unforgiving God???

Do they see a God who is approachable and trustworthy or a God who will push people away and can't be trusted???

Do they see a God who sees the best in others or a God who is judgemental???

Do they see a God who will help those in need or a God who doesn't care???

Do they see a God who uplifts others or a God who puts others down???

Those are only a few of the questions I have been asking myself lately. But, the big question is when others look at my life, do they even see God??? Am I living a life that reflects Him or am I just another face in the crowd? Does the way I live my life make others want more of Him???

My hope is that my life would be pleasing to God and that I would be a wonderful example of God's heart. My prayer is that I would be used to draw others to Him and not drive them away!

No comments: