Sunday, July 22, 2007

Update on Weight Watchers...

Well, it has been 2 months since I started Weight Watchers. After 8 weeks, I have lost a total of 12.6 pounds. I know that may not seem like a lot to some people, but when you're only 5 ft 2-1/2 inches it does make a big difference! LOL
I'm already fitting into smaller clothes and my BMI level has gone down over 2.5 points!!! And I'm on my way to being healthier and more fit!!! :-)

I am so glad that this actually works. Even if you don't exercise one week, if you stay within your point range, you still lose! Of course, if you do exercise you lose even more. I upped my two mile walk to a three mile walk twice this past week and I lost 2.4 lbs!

This program is a Godsend for me!!! Of course, alot of people will probably never realize the time it took to reach a point where I was disciplined enough to even start something like this. I actually prayed and fasted for months beforehand asking God to give me self control and the discipline I needed to get into better physical shape. I also asked Him to show me what to do and how to do it. And as always God came through for me and directed me to people I knew who got back into shape through WW and also He allowed me to discover Leslie Sansone videos and DVDs!!! These are actually the best workouts I've ever done and I actually enjoy doing them!

As for the reasons why I decided to seek God about getting back into shape, I believe it's His will for us to be healthy and physically fit. I know that God has big plans for me in the future and I know that there's no way I can do what He's called me to do if I am always feeling bad about myself or having physical problems that are caused by being an unhealthy weight. I do know that it's going to be a process, but now I am well on my way to reaching my goal simply because I stepped out in faith and did something about it.

I am loving Weight Watchers, exercising, starting to feel better about myself, etc. But as with any journey I go on, there have been a few bad days when I ate a little bit more than I should have or I started feeling like it's taking too long and I want to lose faster! I've noticed that these days only come around when I lose my focus and instead of looking at the big picture, I focus on that moment. I have learned that when this happens if I just remind myself of the reasons why I am doing this and I ask myself where do I want to be this time next year, I usually refocus and everything starts going smoothly again.

One thing that I've heard that really keeps me motivated is this: You are becoming today what you will be tomorrow! So when I want to sit down after walking only a mile, I remind myself that if I can hang in there for another 30 minutes or so, I will reach my goal even quicker. If I sit today, I'll still be sitting in the same place a year from now. But if keep on going today, only God knows where I can be tomorrow!!! :-)

No comments: