The Anchor Holds
I have journeyed
Through the long dark night
Out on the open sea
By faith alone
Sight unknown
And yet his eyes were watching me.
The anchor holds
though the ship is battered.
The anchor holds
though the sails are torn.
I have fallen on my knees
as I faced the raging seas.
The anchor holds
in spite of the storm.
I've had visions,
I've had dreams.
I’ve even held them in my hand,
but I never knew
They would slip right through
like they were only grains of sand.
The anchor holds
though the ship is battered.
The anchor holds
though the sails are torn.
I have fallen on my knees
as I faced the raging seas.
The anchor holds
in spite of the storm.
I have been young,
but I am older now
and there has been beauty
these eyes have seen.
But it was in the night
through the storms of my life
oh that’s where God proved his love to me.
The anchor holds
though the ship is battered.
The anchor holds
though the sails are torn.
I have fallen on my knees
as I faced the raging seas.
The anchor holds
in spite of the storm.
~Ray Boltz
I have been really sick for almost a week and, honestly, last night I was becoming a little bit discouraged. After I had prayed once again for rest and relief, God began to speak to me in ways that I had forgotten He could. He then reminded of this song that not only applied to this past week, but also of every trial or difficult situation I have ever gone through.
How awesome it is that no matter what we’ve been through or what we’re going through at any given moment, we can rest assured that God is the one holding us in place and that He won’t allow us to go anywhere unless He decides to take us there.
I have been really sick for almost a week and, honestly, last night I was becoming a little bit discouraged. After I had prayed once again for rest and relief, God began to speak to me in ways that I had forgotten He could. He then reminded of this song that not only applied to this past week, but also of every trial or difficult situation I have ever gone through.
How awesome it is that no matter what we’ve been through or what we’re going through at any given moment, we can rest assured that God is the one holding us in place and that He won’t allow us to go anywhere unless He decides to take us there.


No comments:
Post a Comment