
WELCOME TO MY HOLIDAY OPEN HOUSE!!!
I will be posting something different about our Christmas holidays / traditions every day this week so please be sure to visit again real soon!!!
Today I wanted to share some of our favorite Christmas albums / songs.
Our list includes:
DS's favorite - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
Today I wanted to share some of our favorite Christmas albums / songs.
Our list includes:
DS's favorite - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
DH's favorite - Silent Night
My favorite - Breath of Heaven & Away in a Manger
My favorite - Breath of Heaven & Away in a Manger
We also love singing along to -
Let it Snow
It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
O, Christmas Tree
Come All Ye Faithful
Rockin Around The Christmas Tree
Winter Wonderland
and, of course, Jingle Bells!!!
We enjoy listening to Christmas music throughout the Christmas season. It is one of our favorite things to do each year!
Let it Snow
It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
O, Christmas Tree
Come All Ye Faithful
Rockin Around The Christmas Tree
Winter Wonderland
and, of course, Jingle Bells!!!
We enjoy listening to Christmas music throughout the Christmas season. It is one of our favorite things to do each year!
In my last post, I shared some of my favorite childhood memories. Today I wanted to share some of my other favorite memories.
DH and I met in Nov 1992, but didn't actually start going out until the end of Jan 93. We had only been dating for 2 months when he left home to join the Air Force. We continued to keep in touch through letters and phone calls. In July, he asked me to marry him over the phone and, of course, I said YES!
He was able to come home again in August, but wasn't able to give me my engagement ring just yet. A few months later, he came home for Christmas. I was unaware that he had a special gift for me until Christmas Eve.
We were at his grandmother's house with a lot of his extended family. I really didn't suspect anything until his cousin asked me how I liked my ring??? LOL DH later confessed to wanting to kill her because he had planned on giving it to me later when we were by ourselves. LOL
A little later I had to go to the bathroom and when I opened the door he was waiting for me. We went into one of the guest rooms and that's when he officially popped the question (on his knee!) and gave me my engagement ring! It was beautiful!!!
Another one of my favorite memories took place 6 years later when we were able to spend Christmas together with our new baby!!!
We had prayed for a baby for over 5 years when our miracle baby finally arrived! It was a very special Christmas and one that I will always cherish!!! :-)
Many Christmases have gone by since these events took place and each Christmas seems to get bettter and better. I am really looking forward to all the memories we will be making this year and in the years to come!!!
Please join me again tomorrow when DS will be sharing all of his favorite memories of Christmas and what he's hoping for this Christmas!!! :-)
DH and I met in Nov 1992, but didn't actually start going out until the end of Jan 93. We had only been dating for 2 months when he left home to join the Air Force. We continued to keep in touch through letters and phone calls. In July, he asked me to marry him over the phone and, of course, I said YES!
He was able to come home again in August, but wasn't able to give me my engagement ring just yet. A few months later, he came home for Christmas. I was unaware that he had a special gift for me until Christmas Eve.
We were at his grandmother's house with a lot of his extended family. I really didn't suspect anything until his cousin asked me how I liked my ring??? LOL DH later confessed to wanting to kill her because he had planned on giving it to me later when we were by ourselves. LOL
A little later I had to go to the bathroom and when I opened the door he was waiting for me. We went into one of the guest rooms and that's when he officially popped the question (on his knee!) and gave me my engagement ring! It was beautiful!!!
Another one of my favorite memories took place 6 years later when we were able to spend Christmas together with our new baby!!!
We had prayed for a baby for over 5 years when our miracle baby finally arrived! It was a very special Christmas and one that I will always cherish!!! :-)
Many Christmases have gone by since these events took place and each Christmas seems to get bettter and better. I am really looking forward to all the memories we will be making this year and in the years to come!!!
Please join me again tomorrow when DS will be sharing all of his favorite memories of Christmas and what he's hoping for this Christmas!!! :-)
For more details on Holiday Open House 2007, please go to http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/tiany .


1 comment:
What a precious memory!
Post a Comment