Monday, December 3, 2007

On A Funny Note...

Today was my Dad's birthday so DS and I spent the day with him and my mom. :-)

Within our family, everyone who has a birthday gets to hear me sing them a very special Happy Birthday song. I have a lot of fun with the original birthday song, but I like to sing it as off key as I possibly can!!!

Over the years it has become something that everyone expects and normally everyone laughs and we have a good time! Except for DS!!! DS absolutely despises the birthday song sung by mom! He is the only one who has ever become angry when I sing this special song!!!

Today when we arrived at my parents' home, I offered to sing the song to keep with tradition and DS immediately made his objections known and my dad declined. Later in the afternoon, my dad asked DS if he was going to sing the birthday song and I have to admit my son did a great job!

A little while later we were preparing to leave and I offered once more to sing my beautiful rendition! DS yelled, "No! You sound so horrible you make my ears throw up!"

LOL