I also received a devotional and, yes, a rose! I love getting flowers on Mother's Day and getting the rose kind of took me back to my very first Mother's Day!
I also got to see my Mom and spend a few hours with her. I really missed getting to do that while we lived out of state so it's extra special now when I get to do that especially on a holiday. After we visited her, we visited my nephew whose birthday is actually tomorrow. He is only 26 days older than DS so they are very close and enjoy each other a lot. They always say the other one is their best friend - it's really cute!!!
***************
On a funny note, Tia (our puppy) unexpectedly "reached maturity" earlier this week and DS thought she was dying!!!
Those who have dogs who have not yet been "fixed" should understand why. We noticed Monday night that she looked like she might be ready, but it became official the next day when we saw the "red" spots on the bathroom floor.
We've been keeping her in the bathroom and although DS knows a little bit about the birds and the bees, we have never discussed dogs with him. I had told him that Tia needed to stay in the bathroom for the next couple of weeks because she was having puppy problems, but I forgot to mention the "red" spots.
He went into the bathroom later that afternoon and started yelling for me to come fast. He said, "Mom, hurry up! Tia's bleeding and I think she may be dying!" POOR KID!!!
I finally explained to him that she wasn't dying and, if you know DS, he was full of questions!!! So I ended up explaining that if Tia was married, she would be able to have babies and this was her body's way of getting her ready. I then explained that since she wasn't married she couldn't have babies right now and so her body was getting rid of some stuff. He was satisfied with that explanation, so I left it at that!


No comments:
Post a Comment