Thursday, May 31, 2007

A New Journey

As of this past Saturday, I am on a new journey to become more healthy and fit. God has been dealing with me for quite a while on this issue and I have finally decided to obey.

I have been exercising regularly (3-5 days/week) for the last 4 months. I have really enjoyed it, but exercising alone isn't going to help me reach my ultimate goals. This past Saturday I joined Weight Watchers and so far this week I've been able to stick with it and am doing very well. Those who pray, please pray for me that God will use this program to help me become more disciplined and eventually lose down to where I need to be. I will not go into specifics, but I do have a lot of work to do!

I had been praying and asking God to help me in this area. During the Christmas holidays, I was visiting with my step mother-in-law who had lost a LOT of weight recently. I found out that she was going to Weight Watchers. It's a lot easier to believe that something will work when you've seen the results with your own eyes! Right then, I started thinking about going myself. I started praying about it and asked God to confirm what I was feeling and also to provide the finances. Within a month or two, I began hearing of more and more people (that I know) who decided to try Weight Watchers and were being successful with it. I also found out that it doesn't cost much at all!!! Later on, my own sister started going and so now I had a partner. Doors began opening and everything fell into place ... that's when I was sure it was God.

The journey has been easy so far with only a few minor bumps. I know that it may not always be this easy, but I do know that with God's help I will get through this and I will be successful in the end. It was God who gave me the desire to do this and it will be God who will give me the strength to accomplish it!!!

No comments: