Only one more week of homeschooling until our summer vacation begins!!! We are both excited, but I have to admit that I'll probably miss it a little bit. Of course, we could homeschool year round, but I want DS to be able to enjoy a school-free summer like most kids his age. We usually start in early August (usually the first Monday) and are finished with the school year by the last Friday in May (before Memorial Day).
It's hard to believe he'll be in 3rd grade next year! It's even harder to believe that I've been doing this for 4 years already!!! I have to admit that I was very nervous about it at first, but the longer I do it, the more confident I become. I actually have a lot of fun homeschooling DS. It still amazes that I am the one who taught him to read and write!
My favorite part of homeschooling, aside from teaching, is the fact that I get to spend one on one time with him for several hours a day. I usually stay very busy during the day, but when we homeschool, I have to make it a point to sit down and focus on nothing but DS. So if I don't get a chance to sit in the floor and play Spiderman one day, it's ok because I have already spent a good deal of time with him already.
I am planning to homeschool DS until he graduates. I admit that I am a little bit nervous about 11th and 12th grade, but I know that when the time comes, God will get me through it. DS did ask me a few weeks ago if I planned on homeschooling him through college!!! LOL Well, at least he's already thinking about college!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment