Monday, May 7, 2007

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is this weekend and we are really looking forward to spending time with our Moms on Sunday. We are planning on celebrating my "day" on Saturday.

Mother's Day is a very special day to me! It's always a reminder of how much God must love me to have blessed me with such an awesome little boy. I remember my very first Mother's Day after DS arrived. After waiting for so long to have him, I finally got to stand up along with the other mothers during our church's Mother's Day service. They gave all of the Moms a rose - I still have mine! :-)

After church, we took DS to have his pictures made ... my very first Mother's Day gift from my guys! Even though DS was a turkey when we had the pictures made (you can't tell it by looking at the pictures LOL), those pictures are still very precious to me and always take me back to that day when I look at them.

Since then, Mother's Day just seems to get better and better every year. As DS gets older, he says and does the sweetest things for me on my special day. He came to me out of the blue a few days ago asking when May 13th was and, honestly, I didn't realize what he was actually asking about and thought he had it confused with our last day of school. So I told him that we still had another few weeks to go. He said, " No, Mom. I need to know when Mother's Day is going to be because I want to buy you a present because I love you and you're my mom!" :-)

No comments: