Since I began losing weight several months ago, I have been a little bit confused as to whether we will have another biological child before we go through with adoption. I have a weird feeling that as soon as I reach my goal that I will probably get pregnant. Of course, I was unable to get pregnant before I starting gaining the extra weight and when I did get pregnant, it was an absolute miracle. (I'll be sure to share that story soon in another post!) Not sure if this is just me or if it is in fact God telling us to wait a bit longer before beginning the adoption process. ???
As I said, we haven't really talked about adoption lately even between the two of us. We sent in a preliminary application last December and was told that we would more than likely be able to proceed with an adoption with no problems. Even with that being said, along with wanting to be a lot more financially secure, in April we felt that we should wait another year before starting anything.
We have always felt that God was leading us to adopt from China. I know that there are plenty of babies here in the US as well as a lot of other places. We simply feel called to go to China. And I understand all the new restrictions and that waiting time has gotten even longer, but I still feel God saying China.
I know that God may change His mind and redirect our path at some point. I also know that sometimes God takes us down a certain path to lead us to another one that may be totally different than the one we started on. And if we are to have another biological child anytime soon, I would rather wait until that child is at least a few years old before adopting. Regardless of when it will happen, I feel in my heart that at some point in our lives we will be adopting a child... maybe even several children. I don't think God would have given us this desire so strongly if we weren't supposed to.
Anyway, a couple of days ago I received an email from the adoption agency and I decided to go to their website. It's the first time I've been there in a while. As I read through the articles and looked at all the pictures, I prayed and asked God to remind me if this was still in His will for us to do this. My heart became heavy once again and I realized that the desire is still very much there!
I got off the computer a little bit later and while I was spending time with DS watching one of our cartoons, I noticed there was something flying around. Then I saw two, then three and then I noticed a few more. Finally, I realized that these were lady bugs! Since then, we have had a lady bug invasion and even noticed that almost the entire ledge over our front porch was covered with them!!!
If you know anything about China, you know that lady bugs are a symbol of good luck and have also become the symbol of hope for adoptive parents waiting for their new babies! Coincidence or could this be another confirmation???
I guess we'll see... :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment