Monday, November 26, 2007

Our Thanksgiving Weekend!!!

I can't believe Thanksgiving has already come and gone again!!!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day! We got up early and DH started the turkey while me and DS watched the Macy's parade. It was so much fun and, to my surprise , DS enjoyed the parade as much as I did. I had let him in on a little secret that Santa Claus is at the end of the parade so I'm guessing that was the clincher because he had already told us he wasn't interested in the parades... only football!

After our wonderful dinner, we ventured off to Kmart to pick up a gift for DS since the one I ordered did not arrive in time - I still haven't gotten it. :-( I did tell him what the gift was I had ordered so he's having a good time waiting for the mail to run every day! :-)

After we left Kmart, we went to the movie theater and saw "The Bee Movie". It was such a cute movie and a lot funnier than I thought it was going to be.

The next day, DH only had to work for a few hours so we were able to spend the afternoon with my mom and dad. And, yes, I enjoyed my mom's Thanksgiving leftovers! I don't care how old you get or what you've eaten, there is no cooking like Mom's cooking!!! (My mom, anyway!!! LOL)

On Saturday, along with 2 of our nephews, we saw Santa Claus!!! The boys had so much fun with Santa! DH even sat on Santa's lap - I'll post the pics as soon as I get them! LOL

After we saw Santa, we stopped by and picked up a few pizzas. While we waited on the pizza, we stopped in at the pet store next door and got to see turtles, rabbits and lots of fish! After that we went to my sister's and ate pizza while watching Spiderman 3.

The rest of the weekend, we mainly hung out at the house except for church and eating lunch out on Sunday.

This Thanksgiving turned out to be one of the best we've had so far!!! I do hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that the Christmas season will be a joyous one!!! :-)

No comments: