We are definitely having a better week! We were even able to take a day trip earlier in the week!!!
It was so good to get away even if it was only for a day. The weather was perfect and traffic wasn't bad at all. If I could sum up our trip in one word, it would be peaceful!
Autumn is such a great time to travel. All the trees were changing colors and everything looked so beautiful! I enjoyed every minute of it!
Besides the scenery, I noticed there were also changes in me.
We were in the Air Force for 10 years and I don't remember ever feeling so peaceful while traveling.
Over the years I have learned to trust God a little at a time. I go through things and don't understand why. It's always later on when I realize the changes that God has allowed to take place in me.
It's weird to see that written down because only a few weeks ago I broke down because I felt like I honestly didn't trust God. It's not that I didn't want to, but I felt like I could not even trust Him with my own son. It broke my heart to realize that I still didn't wholeheartedly trust Him as I know I should.
Then the other day as we were driving along, I noticed that I was totally at peace. I realized that I did trust God after all. I trusted Him with the car, the trip itself and, ultimately, I trusted Him with our lives.
It was then that it hit me - I do trust God, just not always and not with everything. But I do know that the more I grow in Him and the more I learn to rely on Him, the more I will learn to trust Him completely!
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment