I can't believe Thanksgiving is only a few days away!!! This year has gone by way too fast!!!
I do love this time of year though! And I love Thanksgiving!!! Not just for the food, which is always wonderful, but for the time we get to spend together and the memories we get to make each year.
I have always loved waking up and watching the parades while the turkey's in the oven. Our tradition is that DH cooks the turkey -- and he is an AWESOME cook! -- and I prepare all the sides. This is the way it has always been when we stay home for the day. We usually eat our Thanksgiving dinner around 12:30 pm... that is except for the year I accidentally forgot to thaw out the turkey.
This was actually DS's first Thanksgiving and my brain had been missing for quite some time. LOL We had bought the turkey only 2 days before and instead of putting it in the fridge, I put it in the freezer. We didn't discover this until around 8:30 am Thanksgiving Day!
We ended up throwing a pizza in the oven for lunch and didn't get to enjoy our Thanksgiving dinner until almost 7 pm. It was still great and we still get to laugh at ourselves about it every year - actually DH still gets a lot of joy out of it! LOL
We still had an awesome day that year! DS was only 5 months old and that was also the year we began our own family tradition of giving our child(ren) a gift after we eat our Thanksgiving dinner to bring in the holiday season at our house. Every year since then we have done this and it's so much fun!
After we "bring in the holiday season", that's when we begin listening to Christmas music, watching Christmas shows / movies, decorate the house and we usually try to put up the tree within a day or two after Thanksgiving.
I am so looking forward to this week and DS is also very excited this year. Before now, he was a very picky eater and now he eats anything and everything! (Thank God for answered prayer!!!) He is especially excited about all the turkey and, yes, all the football!!! :-)
I hope that everyone who's reading this will have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving and a wonderful Christmas season with your family!!!
God bless you!!! :-)
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment