It's been a while since I've really written anything about what we've been up to on this blog. I've been spending a lot of time on my other blogs and this one... my personal blog... usually ends up being a tiny bit neglected. OOPS! :-)
If you've been reading any of the other ones, especially our homeschooling blog, then you're pretty much up to speed already on what's been happening with us. And if not, we're doing great!!!
DH has been working LOTS lately so DS and I have been spending lots of time together just the two of us. We did have some snow last week so Daddy was able to take a day off in the middle of the week which was very rare, but also very nice!
We did have a great time playing in the snow. I even joined in this year! Normally I just watch them through a window, but this year I felt like being a kid again... and I had a blast!!!
As for anything new going on, one "new" thing for us is that DS is now the proud owner of a guinea pig named Scarlet... after the female character off of GI JOE. She is a sweetie!!!
And another thing I don't think I've mentioned on any of the blogs is that we also have a new parakeet named Skylar. We really felt like our other parakeet, Blue, needed a friend and my sister just happened to be needing to find all of her birds a new home. We thought about getting a couple of the other birds, but felt it might be a little much.
Blue and Skylar are getting along great! There is a lot more chirping now, but most of the time it's enjoyable to listen to. The only time it gets to be a tad bit annoying is when I'm trying to teach during the day or talk on the phone. Thankfully we are learning to tune them out... for the most part! :-)
So with the addition of Scarlet and Skylar, we are now a 7 pet family!!! That's right - 2 dogs, 2 rabbits, 2 birds and a guinea pig... what a combination!!! lol
Other than the snow and our new additions, things are about the same as the last time I updated. We are still loving our new house and have come up with lots of great ideas for home improvements. Of course, we will have to wait for a little while to do most of the things we want to do, but there are a few minor improvements we are already able to do. Wish us luck!!!
That's about it for now. I am going to try to write in this blog a little bit more, but if you check back and I haven't updated or the top entry is a few days, weeks or months (just kidding!) old, please be sure to check my sidebar for my other links. Those are updated almost daily!!! :-)
Thanks for reading and I pray you're having an awesome week!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment