Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Looking Back ...

Today is a very special day for me!

Nine years ago today, I was almost 5 months pregnant and we had our second ultrasound. We had already had one done earlier when we thought I had lost the baby, but this was the one when we found out our baby was going to be a boy!!!

We were actually very lucky that we were able to find out that day because DS was an extremely active baby and kept moving. The technician had almost given up when we finally spotted that something! :-)

If you watch my video, you will see the words "It's A Boy!!!" being typed across the screen at the moment we were for sure that our baby was a boy.

I had always wanted a son first, but something about hearing it and knowing that I was going to have a little boy really freaked me out at first. I remember being in shock for about a week!!!

DH was so cute! You should have seen his face the moment the technician announced we were having a son... his smile lit up the entire room! He was on cloud 9 and hasn't come back down since that day!!!

When we got home that afternoon, he used our computer & made a graphic with the name we had picked out. He then made an iron-on patch and put the graphic on a onesie.

It was the one DS wore home from the hospital a few months later... :-)

2 comments:

Amy said...

That is such a neat memory!! :)

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading stories like this. Thanks for sharing.